I’ve always wanted to know the answer to that question–I trust you do too. I lived through many difficult years where I felt as if I had missed out on some basic understanding of how to get ahead in life. I used to think: what was it that other people knew about success that I didn’t know?
I’ve always considered myself smart, hard-working, and well-intentioned. I’ve played by the rules, earned a couple of advanced degrees, showed acts of kindness, and dutifully paid my taxes. But I discovered that very little in my life changed for the better.
When I hit my mid-forties, I took an honest look at my life, and what I saw did not resemble someone with a successful life. The reality was: I was living in a basement studio apartment, with a man who was all-wrong for me, and with a career that didn’t pay me enough, under-utilized my talents, and deadened my spirit.
The reality hit me hard: If I’m so smart, then how come I’ve got this crappy life that I don’t want?
One thing I did know: I knew very clearly what I did NOT want in life. That was the starting place and inspiration for me to find out what was the missing piece I needed to create a new life.
I discovered (after years of reading hundreds of self help books and attending self development workshops) that getting access to a successful life was rooted in something much deeper than just working physically hard and having good intentions.
The most important thing I learned was that whatever was showing up in my life externally was a direct reflection of what was going on internally. And that true success is rooted in integrity, honesty, clarity, courage, mindset, vision, and a deep love of self.
Why Work With Me and Not Someone Else? Permission to Brag?
It’s a great question. The answer? I’ve walked my talk, and I’ve successfully turned my life around experiencing new levels of prosperity, creativity, and joy. I know what it’s like to have the doors of your life locked, and I know what it takes to unlock them. Nothing surpasses life experience.
Other Worthy Credentials…
I’ve invested thousands of hours and money training to become a master coach and a law of attraction expert. I’ve been personally trained by the best in the business, Dr. Martha Beck–New York Times best-selling author and montly contributor to Oprah’s O Magazine. And, if you can forgive a little bit of bragging, my clients have described me as… not a coach to be taken lightly… intense…magical….a genius coach…a great woman…a bright light in the world….and a master at law of attraction.
A few other facts about me…
I’m a Brit. Born in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and I’ve lived in England and Australia. I now live in beautiful, Kennebunk, Maine, USA with my husband and three dogs. (and my clients connect with me from all over the world, via Skype and phone).
I’m a world traveler–in my younger days, I hitch-hiked overland from London to Australia. My travels have also included a long detour in India which led me to a deep interest in Eastern philosophy–it also changed the way I viewed the world ( India has that effect on you). I would return to India five times throughout my life.
My work life has been diverse.
· I’ve stacked bottles in a Coca Cola factory…my first real exposure to deadening, soul destroying work.
· I’ve sewed buttons on shirts in a fashion house…more bordem and low self esteem in full swing.
· I’ve cut-up sheep’s tongues in a slaughterhouse…a living hell (I lasted 30 minutes).
· I’ve cleaned houses for rich doctors while working through college…I liked working for myself, albeit cleaning toilets.
· I’ve been a secretary so many times (what woman hasn’t?).
· I’ve taught English Literature and writing at UMASS Boston…loved the world of ideas.
· I’ve energized houses and workplaces as a Feng Shui consultant…discovered the power of place and my love of houses.
· I’ve coordinated people and paper in the world of international development…I realised that I needed to find my voice, my thing.